Decontamination and Decommissioning
AQS can undertake successful plant, area and equipment decommissioning and decontamination works. Our skilled workforce combined with our existing fleet of machinery and a diverse range of plant and equipment ensures the success of these projects.
Recently completed projects have included :
- Decontamination and decommissioning of an activated carbon adsorption system. This was carried out in a pharmaceutical setting. All structural steel was stripped out and environmentally safe disposal of all wastes was provided.
- The removal of excessive contaminated silt from a large lagoon. The client was a beverage manufacturing site. Works were completed using using sludge pumps, long reach excavators and wastewater de-silting unit. A range of risk control mechanisms were installed to prevent re-contamination of the adjacent river and we worked with the Fisheries Board to protect a lamprey habitat.
- Decontamination of a manufacturing site contaminated with hazardous wastes. All wastes generated in the project were packaged for specialist destruction. All contaminated soils were identified and excavated for recovery.
- Excavation and removal of hydrocarbon contaminated soils to defined finished excavation levels.
- Removal and decontamination of hazardous pharmaceutical pipework, tanks and general processing equipment in an API manufacturing facility. Services included swab testing and analysis. This determined the proper recycling / disposal methods for these materials.
Considering the type of projects outlined above our service scope extends considerably from our core service of drainage works and we are in a position to quote for any type of works requiring decontamination and/or decommissioning.